Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time to Exhale

That was the sentiment of 17,496 fans as the final seconds ticked down last night. Mike has done a good job of describing the scene on the ice so I will concentrate on everything else. I can't imagine how the players were feeling before game 7 as I was nervous, anxious, and full of anxiety. The national anthems were played instrumental and during the Star Spangled Banner the crowd spontaneously started singing out loud. There were several rows of Calgary fans scattered throughout the arena. From my vantage point, they were respectful and took all the shit that drunk bandwagon Sharks fans threw at them. As much as I appreciate all the support from around the city, but "where are you guys during the season?" but that is a rant that I have been on before. Some couple in front of me even had the gall to yell to their friends that they will meet up after the 1st quarter..are you F'ing kidding me. But I digress.

My first game 7 experience was exhilerating and the walk back to the car is always a blast with cars honking, people yelling and towels waving. Usually I have to temper my excitement by saying under my breath "this is only the 1st round people" but even I gave into the excitement and joined the mob mentality. I even went home and watched the game again to see if I missed anything. Nolan: you kicked that goal in you bastard.

Bring on Dallas...the fun continues Friday

3 comments:

GregSJ said...

Some couple in front of me even had the gall to yell to their friends that they will meet up after the 1st quarter..

How in the world do those people get tickets while I am stuck watching at home and yelling at my tv?

Unknown said...

Ah Mr. Nolan, what is it with you and breakaways in San Jose?

What happened to the "Mr. Can't-hit-anything-but-the-post" Owen Nolan?

Ang said...

Uh ... not to nitpick, but the crowd was singing "O Canada" as well. At least enough there were. But the atmosphere there was very explosive. I dont' think anyone was sitting in their seats the last 7-9 minutes of the game. Now the question is, do I attempt to buy tickets to Friday's game or not.