Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cartoon Lessons from Spade: How to cope with Playoff Stress


Sleek, Duck, Spade

I know I said I was taking a week off posting (and I intend on following through with that now), but I neglected to post the awesome cartoon Spade sent me for use after the Stars series was over. He was of course hopeful that it would be used in victory, but I assured him that a drinking theme works for losing as well.

What's particularly impressive is that Spade met me only for a brief minute during a G2 intermission, and we were both pretty drunk. Still, he managed to capture my general tallness, my need for a haircut, and my maniacal "I'm going to kill you" facial expressions. Spade himself I think is well drawn, though when I met him I found it's tough to take your eyes off the impressive Jagr landing strip.

So cheers, Ducks fans. Winning or losing, sometimes it's all about coping.

5 comments:

Spade-in-victorhell said...

I couldnt remember your face to well (your hair was hiding most of it as well)..i was soo piss drunk..I think I almost tipped over a couple times...me and bro killed a whole JD bottle....plus i was downing $9 miller lights when i got there (9 bucks wtf!!)

looks like in the cartoon your drinking a JD...Mr. duck (we still need a name for him...we should have a Boc contest for the name) maybe a cape cod (vodka-cranberry) and me some hypnotic and coke...I forgot to draw my damn tatto on my arm...shitte


cheers to the ducks anyways...and whoa nelly this team will be sooo different next year....hope we can get lucky in free agency..and make a decent 2nd line....im intrigued..

GO LAKERS for now

and Ill guess ill root for the sharks...just cuz there style of play is fun to watch..just wish they would grow some nuts

Patty (in Dallas) said...

Is that a Jack 2.0 you're drinking there, Sleek?

Great cartoon, Spade! I love the Club on Sleek's shirt and the Spade on yours.

Earl Sleek said...

I couldnt remember your face to well (your hair was hiding most of it as well)..i was soo piss drunk..

Well, I do wear glasses, but that's a minor detail. I'm still impressed.

Is that a Jack 2.0 you're drinking there, Sleek?

I believe when we met up, Spade handed me a jack-and-coke, so I suspect that's what's pictured.

Anonymous said...

Love the cartoon, especially the matching expressions. :D

brokeyard said...

Also interestingly depicted is the fact that all 3 of you have undersized right eyes.