Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Attention Ice Dog fans!



Got a note today in my inbox that I'm not qualified to answer:

Hey Earl,

I was doing some research on the LB Ice Dogs for an article I am writing about them, and I see that you are from LA. I was hoping you can help me. Do you happen to know any fans of the Ice Dogs? Or pretty much anyone that has something to say about the Ice Dogs? I am trying to find out everything I can about them for my article (it will be kind of a tribute to the Ice Dogs).

If you know anyone that can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--
Respectfully Submitted,
Marcus Mulick
University of Southern California
I didn't want to publish his e-mail address, but if you feel qualified to help this guy out, shoot me a note or drop a comment and I'll get you in touch.

7 comments:

PJ Swenson said...

I've been to a bunch of games, I think I have photos from 3 or 4.

Daniel said...

Wikipedia?

RudyKelly said...

Have any idea what he's looking for?

Anonymous said...

They gave away thongs on time.

Earl Sleek said...

They gave away thongs on time.

I know you probably meant "one time", but I like punctuality too!

PJ Swenson said...

Went to a playoff game in Long Beach, the game after Scott Gomez was checked into the open bench door wall and broke his hip. Gomez returned a few days later to help coach behind the bench.

Tough player. There were only 850-900 people in attendance for the first round playoff game. I guess that was a small problem.

Doogie2K said...

Oh Lord, the blue ice experiment. I dunno if it's the dumbest idea in hockey history, but it's got to be in the top five.