Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Question for Meatheads

Jack Johnson was listed at 6'1", 205 lbs. last season. This season, he's listed at 225 and looks huge. Is it possible to gain 20 lbs. of muscle in 3 months? You know, naturally? That doesn't seem possible to me and I'm thinking either a) he's lying, or b) it's fat and it's going to slow him down, or c) that one word that starts with an "s" and ends with a "steroids." Anybody want to help me out here?

3 comments:

Alexander Dubcek said...

Is it possible to gain 20 lbs. of muscle in 3 months? You know, naturally?

Drinking the blood of innocents is natural, no?

Of course, I've heard Jack Johnson's training regimen is legendarily intense, that he'd very conscious about what he eats and he puts in an insane amount of work in the weight room, so I suppose that's possible.

But if I were to base it on personal experience as someone who's listed at 6'1" and 225 lbs., I'd chalk it up to beer and sweets, so who knows?

Nelson said...

Yes, Smid put on 20-30lbs after his first year also. Didn't help his defensive game one iota.

Andrew Harkins said...

He's probably on the Michael Phelps diet. (or 205 could have been his weight at the beginning of last season unless they keep weighing them before each game)