Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Pensblog made me do it...again. Kings and Ducks previews


Yeah, nitpickers, this is the same cartoon from last year.

Happy fucking blog birthday, Pensblog! As a guy who focuses a lot on the western conference, it takes a little extra for an eastern blog to make a splash on my radar, but the Pensblog has been a force in the blogosphere for two years now. Their crass and angry style has taken the crass and angry city of Pittsburgh by storm, and there's probably not a team-focused blog out there with a bigger and meaner following. It's awesome.

Every night I fall asleep fearing three things -- getting in a pissing contest with a racehorse, getting in a racing contest with a racehorse, and getting in a photoshop war with Pensblog. They are that scary.

Anyways, just like last year, Pensblog invited 29 suckers to preview their teams, and Rudy and I managed to not get ourselves "Ron Wilson'd" from that invite list. We've been told that our previews are going up today -- BoC day at the Pensblog -- so once they are up I will add Rudy's link here and Earl's link here.

Enjoy 'em, and feel free to comment wherever.

6 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

Rudy, just read yours, dude, and that was awesome.

Also, for completeness' sake, here is a link to Mr. Plank's Sharks preview at We Bleed Teal, which will make its way to the PB eventually.

stagerat said...

You know, pretty good site for a laid back blog from the country-cousin end of the NHL. I'm sorry if that's not crass or angry enough for you, wouldn't want to tarnish the Pitt image. I'll have try harder next time when I haven't taken my happy pill.

Earl Sleek said...

I'm sorry if that's not crass or angry enough for you, wouldn't want to tarnish the Pitt image.

It's OK, Stagerat, we take all kinds here. And hopefully you understand, I'm using the complimentary version of the terms "crass" and "angry" -- there are many days I wish I was more Pensbloggish.

But yeah, I'm very much in that laid back mold.

GregO said...

Both PensBlog posts extremely well done fellas. Does the NHL Western Conference have superior bloggers too?

Earl Sleek said...

Does the NHL Western Conference have superior bloggers too?

Well, the hardware keeps going to the east, but our goals-against is better for sure.

Alexander Dubcek said...

Yeah, I hear We Bleed Teal is grousing about how they got jobbed in the hardware, even though they had the most hits and unique page views. Like those tell us anything.