Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My newly minted favorite non-King, Torrey Mitchell, looks to be out for 8 weeks after breaking his leg during practice. At about the same time my favorite prospect, Marc-Andre Cliche, hurt himself after awkwardly falling in the aftermath of a Denis Gauthier check. I feel like Wyatt Earp after Virgil and Morgan were shot.

In other news, the Kings released their split-squad rosters for the game tomorrow in LA and Kansas City. LA gets Brown, Kopitar, Johnson, Frolov, Jason Labarbera, and Brian Boyle, while Kansas City gets... Wayne Simmonds and Drew Doughty. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Also, Matt Greene has been partnered with Jack Johnson for most of training camp so far. That's a pretty good defensive unit, but it makes our 2nd pairing Tom Preissing and... Alec Martinez? We need another defenseman.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess all that's left now is PJ's pictures from practice showing Friesen disposing of a bloody length of pipe...

Sarah said...

I guess all that's left now is PJ's pictures from practice showing Friesen disposing of a bloody length of pipe...

Good call! I came here to say that. And to second that NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mina said...

I think I'm about to cry. Not just because Rudy and I share a favorite player, but because my plans of getting Torrey Mitchell to sign my jersey at the Teal and White game might be thwarted. Damn it!

Kirsten said...

Isn't that the guy who broke Kurtis Foster's leg?

I'm sure Mr. Foster would wish him nothing but a speedy recovery, but that's kinda weird that it happened to him too.