Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pensblog made me do it: Season Previews


Well, despite my offseason commitment to avoid all sorts of season previews until there was definitive news on the retirement front, I'm a guy who can't say no to Pensblog. They've been running a fantastic series all September where different bloggers contribute team previews for the Pensblog readers, and both Rudy and I got hit up to preview the Kings and Ducks.

You can check out Rudy's piece here and my Duck preview here, and can scroll around the September archives to see what more teams have been up to this summer. And someday soon, I'm guessing, I'll get around to doing a BoC preview of what to expect out of a Ducks squad without Scott or Teemu. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

classic....although rudy outdid you in the funny department Ed...you need get on your game brosam

Anonymous said...

whoops meant earl not ed...i work 10 hours a day im at hour 9.5 my mind is mush

GO DUCKS!!

RudyKelly said...

Too be fair, Earl's is at least coherent.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but giggle each time I look at that cartoon. Something about a penguin with a whip just screams funny.

Will PJ or Chen be contributing a Sharks preview? Shouldn't be too hard, just recycle last year's.

Miss. Scarlett said...

Everybody in the cartoon has this sort of tranquil white glow on them.

Pensblog Staff said...

Solid cartoon guys..
thanks for doing this

Patty (in Dallas) said...

Hilarious cartoon. Love the tongue sticking out.

Both posts on PensBlog were great. Rudy rubbed a few Pittsburgh people the wrong way, it seems. Little touchy about their town. :D

Earl Sleek said...

rudy outdid you in the funny department

I was trying to do a serious preview!

Everybody in the cartoon has this sort of tranquil white glow on them.

This is actually a natural effect achieved through this process:
1. Hand-draw cartoon.
2. Scan it through e-mail.
3. Fill it in with MS Paint.

Somehow it only fills in to just around the lines--I kind of like it.

thanks for doing this

Thanks for having us. I love Pensblog, and this is a real solid feature you guys are running.

I heard the end of the Kings-Ducks, btw (AM 830 is much improved in its reach), Ducks fought back to 4-4 on a goal by King (really), then the Kings won it on what sounds like a Willsie dump-in.

Lavasseur (or whatever your name is)--we're not looking for a Cloutier, thanks.

Patty (in Dallas) said...

I'm a little confused by the box score on Yahoo. Apparently, somebody named Brady Murray got both assists on the last goal. And all the penalties were served by J. Callahan or B. Murray. What in the world was going on in that game?

Earl Sleek said...

Oh, I'm totally drafting Brady Murray in all my fantasy Yahoo leagues--he must be the boss's son or something.

RudyKelly said...

Yeah, that's Andy Murray's kid. He's like 24 and might actually make the team as a 4th line energy guy.

Earl Sleek said...

Heh, I meant Brady Murray was the son of the boss of Yahoo (thus Yahoo granting him inflated assist and PIM totals), but it's cool to know he's got some actual connections.

RudyKelly said...

Oh... I'm an idiot.