Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ducks Gameday--An important day in avian justice

Chicago Blackhawks (29-26-6, 13th in west) at Anaheim Ducks (35-23-7, 3rd in west)



Well, as part of leaving my old job I have rescinded my laptop, so for the next week or so I'll be managing on my roommate's computer. No spreadsheet stats, no power point, but it's still got good ol' MS Paint!

It may be the case, though, that I'm less restricted by my roommate's software than I am by the motivation of being unemployed for a week. This could be a very lazy week indeed.

Prediction: Hmmmm. Ducks win their avian lawsuit 5-3. Goals by Perry x2, Moen, Pahlsson, and Sutherby.

Go Ducks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bertuzzi and laime went at it

RudyKelly said...

I actually went to the game tonight because my roommate had an extra ticket. It was fun: Teemu had a hat trick, there was a goalie fight, Corey Perry got his ass kicked, and Chris Pronger took a stick to the face. If Ryan Getzlaf had torn his ACL, my night would have been complete.

Oh, and there was a family behind me bickering because the son wanted a jersey and the guy next to me was telling his girlfriend that defensemen can only spend a certain amount of time in the offensive zone or they'll get a penalty. All in all, pretty much what you can expect in Anaheim.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing game.
I went and actually sat in the 400s tonight. It was insane and loud, especially when Selanne scored his hat trick.

Its a beautiful thing. Chicago beats LA, and we whip Chigaco. Good weekend.

Lalime was a complete retard, slashing Bertuzzi and some other Ducks. Its good to know he hates when players are in his crease. I love it when a goalie gets absolutely pissed. Next game against the 'Hawks, I hope they continue to crash the hell out of the crease.

I'll bet Pronger's got a broken jaw. Not good.

And hey, what's up with the Almanac? Did you do something to change the future, or spill coffee on it or something?

Anonymous said...

I was at the game, so I still have no idea why MS' goal was waved off? Anyone? Bueller?

Earl Sleek said...

The ref waved off Schneider's goal for no good reason--that would have been Teemu's 700th career assist, also (but he got it later). Probably it was just karma for the Holmstrom waved off goal.

And hey, what's up with the Almanac? Did you do something to change the future, or spill coffee on it or something?

Hmm, I guess I expected the ref to wave off another Ducks goal for no good reason.

Miss. Scarlett said...

the guy next to me was telling his girlfriend that defensemen can only spend a certain amount of time in the offensive zone or they'll get a penalty.

Awesome.