Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chris in Torrance is Celebrating...

...because the Kings traded Jaroslav Modry to the Philadelphia Flyers for a draft pick. (They didn't say which one.) The idea that Jaroslav Modry would make a playoff team's defense better is hilarious to me. I assume this means a defenseman besides Peter Harrold is getting called up for the Kings' next game.

I wonder if this means that there might not be too much action this trade deadline; according to that article, Philadelphia couldn't (or wouldn't) trade for Tomas Kaberle, Dan Boyle or Brad Stuart. The idea that Lombardi seemed unwilling to trade Brad Stuart is very interesting to me. Did he not like Philly's offer, or is he genuinely interested in signing Brad Stuart long-term? Let me smoke my pipe and think it over.

Update: TSN says it was a third-round draft pick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Day!! Although I was on Brad Stuart's ass for much of the first half of the season, he has played noticably better since the 9-2 Sabres thrashing. I even told my friend that I wanted to keep Stuart.

Let the post-Modry celebration begin!!!

Earl Sleek said...

I love the fact that when I saw the headline on Kukla's today, I immediately thought of Chris in Torrance.

Good work, Chris! Not only did it make your day, but your day is getting pretty famous around here, too.

So, who's the next guy you're going to talk out of town? ;)

Anonymous said...

Easy, I think I'm in line with the rest of the Kings fans on this one, Dan Cloutier!!

Anonymous said...

vrbata!!!

(oh, sorry, i havent gotten over that yet)

go kings