For the year-plus duration of this blog, I've been living in semi-anonymity—it was a fairly short list of people who knew that by night, I was secretly blogging under the pseudonym Earl Sleek. Until now.
Apparently my mother, needing some content to fill up my paragraph of her annual Christmas letter, has "outed" me to her family and friends, describing me in the barely-technically-true term "professional cartoonist". All of a sudden people I barely know (or worse, know quite well) are coming up to me and asking me about my secret double life.
So to those stumbling to this site for the first time, welcome to Battle of California, a mixed-bag-blog that follows the misfortunes of the three California-based NHL franchises. We do lots of writing, whining, and number-crunching, but apparently you only care about my "professional" cartoons, so here's a few you can check out.
- Ducks/Kings: Draw the Rivalry
- NHL finds new revenue source
- Schneidermayer joins the LockoUK
- Pensblog made me do it: Season Previews
- Or you can check out any of my four posts at AOL Fanhouse (these are the suckers that pay me)
Merry Christmas, mom and friends!