Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Friday, December 21, 2007

Greetings to Mommy Sleek's mailing list

For the year-plus duration of this blog, I've been living in semi-anonymity—it was a fairly short list of people who knew that by night, I was secretly blogging under the pseudonym Earl Sleek. Until now.

Apparently my mother, needing some content to fill up my paragraph of her annual Christmas letter, has "outed" me to her family and friends, describing me in the barely-technically-true term "professional cartoonist". All of a sudden people I barely know (or worse, know quite well) are coming up to me and asking me about my secret double life.

So to those stumbling to this site for the first time, welcome to Battle of California, a mixed-bag-blog that follows the misfortunes of the three California-based NHL franchises. We do lots of writing, whining, and number-crunching, but apparently you only care about my "professional" cartoons, so here's a few you can check out.

I know many of you friends-of-my-mom know me as a nice guy and a decent fellow. If that's the case, definitely do not click on this link. It is my most viewed cartoon of all time, but unfortunately, if you see it my nice-guy reputation will be forever tarnished.

Merry Christmas, mom and friends!

7 comments:

Patty (in Dallas) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty (in Dallas) said...

All the friends-of-your-mom should check out your sidebar, too. That's where a couple of my favorites are (mainly the Shark, King and Duck having a beer toast).

Anonymous said...

Can I knowingly read the blog of a person who's family sends a holiday letter?
Yes, but only because of the cartoons.

Anonymous said...

What? That's not your real name? My 'I [heart] Earl Sleek' tatoo is going to look kind of foolish now.

Earl Sleek said...

I suppose I could get a matching 'I [heart] anonymous' tat. I'll have to read that AOL contract.

Miss. Scarlett said...

I suppose getting paid by AOL technically does make you a professional cartoonist.

I know many of you friends-of-my-mom know me as a nice guy and a decent fellow.

That'll teach 'em to make assumptions.

RudyKelly said...

I can't believe you didn't recommend my most recent post regarding Ryan Smyth.