Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Kings Gameday: Hittin' the Stretch Drive

I'm hungover and feeling bad about how much I enjoy making fun of the people on MTV's Return to Fat Camp, so I'm going to take a look around the NHL and give biased, uninformed opinions. I'll make it up to you guys with a live-blog on Monday, though.

Kids fight while playing hockey, world ends

Honestly, who cares? There's no way they could hurt one another on account of their helmets and gloves, and besides, little kids are indestructible. Those kids could have had machine guns and nobody would have gotten hurt. And so what if the coaches emptied the benches, it teaches the team camaraderie. I wish the two coaches would have fought. I'm more concerned about #9 on the white team for not being able to stand while he's fighting... wait, is that George Parros? They have about the same skill level, anyway.

(Also, do you guys remember when that parent sucker punched a little kid because he was going after his son? I can't find the video, but that was hilarious.)

NHL Decides 6 Games is Enough

One thing that hasn't been covered too much is how this will affect the games on Versus. I'm not going to go through the schedule and actually add it up, but it definitely seems like Versus shows primarily east-coast teams (the Philadelphia Flyers are on more than the California teams combined). If teams from the West are going over to the lesser coast, maybe our teams will get a little more exposure. This would make sense seeing how, you know, the Western Conference is way better than the East. I know this a big disappointment to all you people who love watching the Rangers, but it's good for hockey.

Nikolai Khabibulin is an Idiot

I don't have much to say other than what the fuck. I can pretty much guarantee that if you had told me that there was an NHL player who thought it was a good idea to drink a ton of coffee before playing, I could have told you that he was:

1) Russian.
2) A goalie.
3) Crazy.

My money would have been on Brzygalov, by the way.

Who's Better, Yzerman or Sakic?

I won't speak on the numbers, but I personally think that Steve Yzerman is a god and Joe Sakic is kind of a schmuck. The only reason I have a semi-positive opinion on Sakic is because I usually think about Yzerman when I hear Sakic's name. Joe Sakic is like Steve Yzerman if Yzerman was mortal. Sakic looks like he had a hairlip when he was a kid; Steve Yzerman did this:


Sorry, but it's not close.

Prediction: Kings win, 4-2. Goals by Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Stuart and Steve Yzerman.


9 comments:

Mike said...

the Philadelphia Flyers are on more than the California teams combined

Versus is owned by Comcast, which owns the Flyers. Amazing coincidence!

Marie said...

I thought the most dehydrated player was Sean Burke (well, at least last season).

What season was that clip from? Hull was still on the Blues...For some weird reason I always thought of Bob Saget whenever I heard Joe Sakic's name, which is why I don't care much for him. Yzerman is a God and Sakic doesn't even come close to him.

Megalodon said...

Little known fact: Khabibulin actually switched to coffee when his doctor told him that his cocaine habit could lead to baldness.

RudyKelly said...

That O'Sullivan kid is alright.

spiker97 said...

What happened to all of these double headers Versus promised in the beginning? They probably don't want to go up against NFL Monday Night.

They also tend to not show a lot of Canadian teams either, but more of them then the West Coast teams of either country.

The NHL Network is also showing live games now also, but not too much West Coast Teams either.

At least with Center Ice you can see all of the West Coast teams you want.

Heather B. said...

I had no idea there was a Return to Fat Camp! Rudy, between this discovery and your Ryan Smyth post, you're totally making my night.

Doogie2K said...

That would be from 1996, the only year Gretzky played for the Blues.

Anonymous said...

Isn't describing someone as "a goalie" and "crazy" at the same time kind of redundant?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that clip. After all these years, it still brings the biggest smile to my face. Yzerman is God. Thank you for making my day!