Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Monday, December 03, 2007

Kings Gameday: Tape-Delayed Blog

Los Angeles Kings (10-14-1, Last in West) vs. Edmonton Oilers (12-14-1, 12th in West)



7:30 PST, FSN West




Cammy is listed at 5'9" and Hlinka is listed as 5'10". One of those is wrong.


I promised a live-blog tonight so you guys can look forward to that, but first I wanted to tide you over with a few quick-hits:




-The Kings called up forward Gabe Gauthier and goaltender Johnathan Quick and sent down Matt Moulson; they also retroactively put Frolov on the IR just to try to confuse everyone a little more. Basically, Frolov and Labarbera will be back after tonight's game but they wanted Quick to back up Aubin tonight. Gauthier is probably up instead of Moulson because they wanted someone with more defensive presence since Moulson had been playing with Handzus and Calder.




-There's a quick little review of the Kings' junior prospects up over at Hockey's Future if you're interested. You get a lot of good little nuggets of information, including, "Josh Kidd was diagnosed with 'osteitis pubis' in November, which is an inflammation of the tissue connecting the two bones that make up the pelvis, and will miss at least a month of action." Okay, so I guess there's 3 injuries you can miss hockey with. Christ.


This picture is irrelevant, it just makes me laugh.

-The last game against Colorado was a good example of why it's sometimes a better idea to just sit a game out. Both Mike Cammalleri and Jaroslav Modry played despite extenuating circumstances (Cammy's groin, Modry's dad). Both played poorly, with Cammy ineffective and Modry responsible for 2 goals against. (Not the breakaway, though; I'm pretty sure that was Moulson's fault.) I know they just wanted to help the team and a big part of hockey is playing when you're not 100%, but ultimately they hurt the team. I just want them to understand that.




-I was at work today and we had cake for some unexplained reason. I work with pretty much all girls (it's not nearly as awesome as it sounds) and we were talking about some Secret Santa bullshit they want to do again this year. One girl mentioned that last year I got this chick Melissa that I work with Midol. Melissa has since moved back home because she got knocked up, so I replied, "Apparently I should have gotten her birth control." For some reason, that makes me an asshole. I don't get women. Anyway, here's Jim Gaffigan talking about cake and other delicious foods if you're bored. My favorite:


Every now and then I'll read a book, I'll be so proud of myself, I'll try and squeeze it into conversation. People will be like, "Hey Jim, how ya do-" "I read a book! Two hundred and fifty pages!" "That's great, what was it about?" "No idea! Took me two years!"


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

substitute "birth control" with "cork" even funnier with the same meaning

RudyKelly said...

You're just sucking up because I told you I'm bringing home cake.

RudyKelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

No prediction on the score? C'mon, man - its the "Battle for the NHL Cellar"
I, too, work with mostly adult females so I feel ya. I learned long ago to just keep my yap shut, cuts down on the harrassment complaints.

Earl Sleek said...

I'll stick around and haunt your liveblog comments.

As for me and the Ducks and the Oilers, I got an lame story about that. But that can wait until tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you defend Modry, Rudy. That break away was totally on him! He's terrible and I have dreaded that trade for Matti Norstrom from the moment it was made.

RudyKelly said...

I did say he was responsible for two goals last night (the 1st and the 3rd, I think). He hasn't been great, but he hasn't been terrible this season. He's not getting paid too much (at least in relation to what we were paying Norstrom) and he hasn't been a complete disaster, so I don't worry about him too much. I personally think he should be playing with Preissing in his old role (he's been playing against the other team's top line quite a bit recently), but he's like #90 on the list of things that concern me about this team.

And that breakaway was Moulson's fault because he took a shift change while covering Hensick. I'm sure Modry looked over, thought he was covered, then turned around once he saw the pass to see Hensick streaking by him. I don't know who was trying to catch up with Hensick but I imagine it was Kopitar because he was doing that all night.