Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

AOL Sleek: It begins

Well, it took a couple weeks since I first announced it, but finally after a lot of paperwork and blogducation, I was able to contribute my first cartoon post to the AOL Fanhouse today.

I know I am supposed to be sticking with the west coast (and actually I have a Niedermayer post somewhat underway that was intended to be my first post), but how could I pass up a shot at former Ottawa cup-loser Mike Comrie and his starring role in the tabloids? Especially since the story was assigned to me.

Anyway, I'm still getting my feet wet there, but at least I've gotten over the initial hurdles (logging in, creating post, drawing cartoon to avoid photo-altering lawsuits). If you are feeling generous, why not head over there, leave a comment, and make me look like a superstar?

I've also added a link to the sidebar under "Anaheim Ducks" that will go straight to the Earl posts (more useful once I write more of them). Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Sleek - Well played, sir

Earl Sleek said...

Thanks! Maybe it would have worked a bit better if I had an actual opinion on Comrie, but at this point, all that consists of is that I'm glad he wasn't putting up better than point-a-game in the cup finals!

Anonymous said...

As always, I'll milk the fact that my ex-gf cheated on me with Comrie to wistfully realized I'm only three &$@&-degrees of Kevin Bacon away from Hilary Duff!

Earl Sleek said...

I'm only three &$@&-degrees of Kevin Bacon away from Hilary Duff!

Wow. I didn't know working for AOL meant our comments would be &$@$ing bleeped out. That &$@$ing blows!

Anonymous said...

Nice work D-Dil.