Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Scott skates! Sleek makes a cartoon!

Unfortunately, you're going to have to go over to the Fanhouse to see it. I would have put it here, but I think your mouse-clicking finger is looking a little out-of-shape. Time to give it a good ol' one-click workout.

Just so this isn't just a useless "look at that!" post, though, I will point out that I will be in Row B attendance for tomorrow's BoC battle--Sharks at Ducks. I plan on being very boozed up so that I can properly remind a certain Shark player of his very nice near-accomplishment:


It should be a lot of fun, whether or not history gets made. Let's hope that I don't get Robitailled.

[AFTERNOON EDIT: Below is a cartoon that will not be making its way to the Fanhouse. It's not that it's not allowed, but really, there's no good story to write alongside it. Besides, the cartoon requires two things: (a) a fairly strong understanding of NHL goaltending styles, and (b) a fairly strong tolerance for puns. It's designed for a narrow audience--cool yet corny. Enjoy!]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny cartoon....i like the added touch of the grisley beard

Meg said...

That cartoon is great, Earl. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Love it! LOVE IT! Fan House has no idea what they're missing! This is so totally what they need! As Pengsirl pointed out on IPB, it is tres New Yorker. Having cartoons in the New Yorker doesn't diminish the quality of the writing or it's importance as a magazine!

Anonymous said...

^^
Like the one with the pig at the complaint department.

Miss. Scarlett said...

Well, good thing he has a helmet on because he would have been at the receiving end of a beer bottle. Not in a good way, either.

John said...

My sources tell me that skating for physical fitness is always a good thing and that as a person ages, being physically fit can only help, not hurt.

Schnookie said...

Earl, this hybrid goalie cartoon is brilliant on so many levels. You, sir, are a genius. (Seriously, was it too subtle for FanHouse?)

Charity said...

guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow... and yes, I'm jealous... ack.

Earl Sleek said...

Well, good thing he has a helmet on because he would have been at the receiving end of a beer bottle. Not in a good way, either.

Usually when people say "receiving end of a beer bottle" it's assumed that it's the bad way, but give the guy a break! He's sweating up there!

My sources tell me that skating for physical fitness is always a good thing and that as a person ages, being physically fit can only help, not hurt.

I will need to confirm those sources through AOL's rigorous screening process before I can start making wild assumptions like this.

(Seriously, was it too subtle for FanHouse?)

Oh, I don't know. I'm fine with this outlet anyway--save the good stuff for BoC.

guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow... and yes, I'm jealous... ack.

If I drink enough, I'll be seeing two of you!

RudyKelly said...

My favorite part? The neck guard. I don't know why.