Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

BoC Gameday: Decisions, Decisions...

On the one hand sits the traditional broadcast on FSN Prime Ticket, with clear views of what is going on and all the little stats and observations that you may miss when just watching the game without sound. But there's also Brian Hayward, known hump and professional piece of shit, and I can't stand the guy.

On the other hand sits the rinkside view broadcast on FSN West, which sounds interesting for about 5 minutes but I imagine I will soon tire of it. Although, they say it won't have traditional sound and will thus not have Hayward.

Hmm...

Update: Holy shit, the Kings got a GM fired! Woohoo! (Thanks to Earl for pointing this out)

Immediate Update #2: Holy shit, does this mean Dave Taylor is going to become Dallas' new GM? Oh no!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm contemplating flipping between the channels for at least the first part of the game. Was thinking of actually recording the "rinkside view" on the DVR to watch later. Not sure how the camera angles at that level will work out for those who get motion-sickness easily. Could be interesting either way.

Anonymous said...

do what I do...blast some primus or Tool and have the mute button on.....while drinking some J-D...

p.s. Im a ducks fan I hate heyward too

Earl Sleek said...

If I were you, Rudy, I wouldn't tune in to either station until the last eight minutes of regulation.

Why would you want to see the part where the Ducks jump ahead 4-0? Just make sure you're back in time for the comeback :)

(Then tune in a few days later when that comeback causes us to fire our GM)

RudyKelly said...

Holy shit, we got a GM fired! That's so cool.

Anonymous said...

I've got an idea for you Earl. Try watching the rinkside view and listening to the radio guys. The bad new is that sometimes the radio is a little ahead or behind the TV. The good new is, of course, NO HAYWARD!!

Earl Sleek said...

I've got an idea for you Earl.

I'll pass it along to Rudy. Even though I've never written about him, I will say that I fully endorse any and all Hayward-bashing on this blog (or in the streets). If you want to know the main reason why I've never attempted a liveblog, it's because I rarely ever watch a game live. I need some built-up time to skip through Hayward's intermissions.

Immediate Update #2: Holy shit, does this mean Dave Taylor is going to become Dallas' new GM? Oh no!

That was my first thought, too, except it's kind of weird that they haven't named anybody yet. You figure that if Taylor was the guy, he'd be announced at the same time. Well, depending on how they do business in Dallas (probably with a gun).

Patty (in Dallas) said...

Well, depending on how they do business in Dallas (probably with a gun).

Probably safe to assume that if you're ever doing business in Dallas. Just in case.

It's not Dave Taylor, it's Brett Hull! And Les Jackson, but probably just to babysit him. What a day. Gah!

Dirk Hoag said...

Wow, I thought you were joking about the rinkside view. I'm catching it now, and it reminds me of when we'd have the Ann Arbor rec league playoffs shown on community access cable.

The thing is, our jerseys were way cooler than the Kings or Ducks tonight. Think old-school Kings purple and gold colors, with Rangers-style lettering diagonally down the front that read "Ypsilanti".