Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Dear Jon Letter

Dear Jon,

Hey. I’ve been thinking about us a lot recently, and... I just don’t think it’s going to work out. I know we started off so great but I think we both know it hasn’t gone real well recently. I think we’ve both tried to keep it together because we're afraid of the alternatives, but it’s just not going to work out. It's just that you're so young and I’m not in a position to make a long-term commitment right now. You need to be with someone that can be there for you all the time and we both know that’s not me. I’m messed up right now, and if we stay together I’ll just end up hurting you. I couldn’t live with myself if I did that.

Maybe in a couple of years, when I’ve had time to get my act together, we can try it again. Don’t take it personally; I know it’s a cliché, but it’s really not you, it’s me. I hope we can stay friends and I’ll be sure to check in on how you’re doing. Hey, we’ll always have that one night in London, right?

I’m Sorry,
The Kings

8 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

p.s. Say hi to Dan for me, OK?

Anonymous said...

Is there any way you guys could send the whole rest of the team down, and keep Bernier? If so, you should do that.

Miss. Scarlett said...

This letter seems oddly familiar for some reason. Huh.

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dear Rudy,

I agree. The Kings dysfunctional situation is bad news for Bernier, and I'm not sure it won't hold Johnson's development back some also.

This post made me chuckle. It is a far cry from the rant-filled drivel that I've come to expect.

"We'll always have that one night in London," I like that line.

Sincerely,

IrbeArchie

Marie said...

Earl, he went to Juniors, not Manchester!! Baby Bernier is just a wee little boy...poor kid, at least he's old enough to drink in Canada. I bet his teammates will throw him a kegger.


(Earl, I know you were joking. This sidenote is for future commenters who can't figure out my sarcasm)

Miss. Scarlett said...

at least he's old enough to drink in Canada.

Actually, I'm not too sure about this. I thought he was only 18? Either way, it's not like that's ever stopped anybody from a kegger :P

Anonymous said...

Gloriously, there are provinces in Canada where 18 is drink-legal.
-Lonnie Canuck