Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Anze Iscariot!

You may not know this (I hide it well), but I don't like the Anaheim Ducks. I wouldn't go so far as to call it hate... well, yeah, I kinda would. So imagine my shock, my horror, when I read this quote in today's L.A. Times:



"We actually became good friends," [Kopitar] said Sunday. "It doesn't really matter if we're Kings and Ducks. They're good guys off the ice. On the ice that's the job and we kind of have to maybe hate each other, but now we can respect each other."



What?!?!?!? It doesn't matter if you're a King or a Duck? You know who else had that kind of attitude? Romeo and Juliet, and we both know what happened to them. (Maybe, do they read Shakespeare in Slovenia? Have they even invented paper yet?) Ridiculous, just ridiculous. We pay you millions of dollars to play a simple game, Anze, the least you can do is assume our irrational hatreds.



At least one King knows where his loyalties lie:





Also, Ryan Getzlaf is balder than my dad.

6 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

At least one King knows where his loyalties lie.

I'm not so sure. It sort of looks like Bailey's asking for Perry's signature there.

Perry was my favorite Duck in the All-Star Game, by the way, simply because he didn't seem clear as to the point and the practice of the game itself. Who else digs a puck from the goalie's feet, "accidentally" pulling the poor guy down? Who else loses a puck coming over the blueline and whines for a penalty call?

Classic, classic Perry.

jamestobrien said...

Wow, Shakespeare and a Bible reference? Rudy brought his A Game today.

It's weird, the only thing I noticed from the All-Star game was Ryan Getzlaf's malnourished scalp. At least I have something in common with him now.

Anonymous said...

earl need some type of excuse from you why we sucked complete ass the last 3 games...

Earl Sleek said...

earl need some type of excuse from you why we sucked complete ass the last 3 games...

a) Playing in Dallas and against Detroit aren't easy wins, no matter what. As for the Kings, I dunno, didn't see it, but I'd guess that was about determination.

b) With the imminent return of Teemu, the Ducks needed a tough stretch so they could demonstrate Selanne-improvement. It wouldn't do Teemu much good to come back to a team that won all its games; all he could do at that point would be to ruin momentum.

Anonymous said...

I ll take b for 200 hundred

thats how ill register these last 3losses

p.s. option c could be the kings had tommy lasorda on there side...he was int he booth for period 2 when they scored all the goals and he gave them a pep talk beforehand.

Bryan said...

Too many Duck players thinking looking forward to the All Star game instead of focusing on the Kings game. Maybe they figured Eastern All Stars have more to play for than the Kings.