Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Bye Bye Ron Wilson

To almost nobody's surprise Ron Wilson was relieved of his duties today. I don't necessarily blame him but this had to be done. I don't know if the players had stopped listening to him but a new voice was needed. I have faith in Doug Wilson so he is sure to have some names in mind. I just hope it is not one of the retreads...Burns, Maurice etc. I don't think giving the job to Tim Hunter or Rob Zettler is the answer.

I like Ron Wilson, he knows his hockey and brought high-tech teaching techniques to the Sharks, but there comes a time when the voice in the room needs to be changed. There are stories around that Ron was rough with the players and even called them out in front of the rest of the team. There is one story I read where he wrote Carle, Vlasic and another player's name on the board and bluntly told the rest of the team that those guys were letting everyone else down. If true, no wonder Carle and Vlasic regressed this year. I immediately don't have a successor in mind but I am sure the names will be flying and this will be a well-sought after job with the talent on this team.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm of the opinion that Wilson wasn't necessarily the biggest problem, but he wasn't the solution either. I'm glad the Sharks management has shown that they aren't content with the results of the last couple years. If nothing else, this should make a couple of Sharks a little more uncomfortable this off-season, and that's not a bad thing.

Altogether, thanks for the years of success, Ron. I'm sure you'll land on your feet somewhere, and let's hope it's not Florida or Toronto.

RudyKelly said...

Excellent. Phase 1 of my 9-part plan is complete.

Unknown said...

Well well. Who's next?

brokeyard said...

RudyKelly sees Ron Wilson as a cat... needs to kill him off 8 more times.

Unknown said...

RudyKelly sees Ron Wilson as a cat... needs to kill him off 8 more times.

well if he goes to LA, that'd take out at least 3 lives. I predict he lands in Toronto. Getting ousted in the 2nd Round for 3 years straight, what more could TML ask for?

Dear Doug Wilson: Just a thought, hire whoever wins the Calder Cup this year. Worked for the Caps.