Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bucci FM

I just heard John Buccigross on ESPN Radio as I was driving home tonight and I have to say, can we get this man on radio? Maybe it was just the fact that I rarely hear decent hockey conversation on the radio (even a deep playoff run doesn't really make a huge difference in Dallas sports radio), but hearing Bucci artfully pontificate about Sidney Crosby and the attendance issues in Detroit was truly a gift.

This makes me ask the blogosphere: what are the best non-traditional (aka Internet-based/streaming) hockey radio sources? I'd love to hear some silly banter about the NHL, especially from Pittsburgh, Detroit, Philly and (most of all) Canada. Reading is just oh so overrated...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

XM Radio with their all-hockey channel is one route to go.

Gravypan said...

Outside of BaD Radio on 1310 The Ticket, there really isn't much knowledgeable hockey talk to choose from on Dallas radio.

The rest of the shows on that station are only jumping on board because this town's been so starved to see a deep playoff run (not that that's necessarily a bad thing). Luckily, it's the Stars they're all latching onto.

Mike said...

I've looked for decent hockey podcasts several times, and I haven't found anything that's really caught my fancy. I think Eric McErlain used to have one, but I can't find it now.

Unknown said...

www.team1040.ca is vancouver station excellent hockey talk from 6am-9am then from 12pm-10pm check it out u will like it

Bryan said...

Duck Calls, but wait that's only on after Duck games. Damn