Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Friday, August 15, 2008

This is Stupid and Awesome

No, no, yes, is that a bee, yes, yes, probably, lose weight, definitely yes!

The Stupid:

The Kings are getting ice girls.


I personally don't like the concept of ice girls. Hold on, hear me out. I'm fine with women being objectified for my amusement; I mean, I watched every episode of She Spies. However, I do have a problem with them being on the ice because they take away a job from kids. The Kings currently use kids to clean the ice, which in addition to providing cheap child labor (an endeavor I whole-heartedly endorse; who do you think is typing this post?) also gives those kids an opportunity to be right next to some of their heroes. It's probably an exciting opportunity for any kid and giving that opportunity to some chick in tight pants who wouldn't know Roberto Luongo from Oded Fehr is kind of bullshit.

What are those, replicas? Pfft.

The Awesome:

The Kings are getting ice girls!

I haven't had an opportunity for this much goofy writing material since Bailey moved from the MGM Grand to Staples, plus I can get more cat jokes on the blog.* I enjoy judging women almost as much as I enjoy judging hockey players, so this should be fun.

*A euphemism for cat is...

15 comments:

Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

Eklund reporting about "Another hot rumour that I am looking into has the Blues making a serious pitch for Patrick O'Sullivan out of LA. The Kings want an (sic) "d-man of equal value."

That's stupid!

"The Kings want an "d-man of equal value."

That ends it right there. No offense to O'Sullivan, but I wouldn't trade Erik Johnson or Alex Pietrangelo for Patrick O'Sullivan just yet.

And yeah, The Kings are getting ice girls! AWESOME!!

Earl Sleek said...

Tsk, tsk. You and your kid fetish.

I also assume that your "definitely yes!" refers to that kid being propped up by his dad. It just sickens me, to tell the truth.

But yeah! The Kings are getting Ice Girls! Have they announced how much they'll be increasing ticket prices because of this yet?

Earl Sleek said...

I also assume that your "definitely yes!" refers to that kid being propped up by his dad.

Oh wait, maybe it actually does!

Me needs counting help.

Unknown said...

To be honest, theres enough hot chicks at Kings games anyways but who am I to argue. The only player I can see the two teams agreeing on is Barret Jackman, and I'm skeptical that that either would go for it. I would be upset if Mckee was equal value to Lombardi.

RudyKelly said...

We're not trading Patrick O'Sullivan to the Blues for Barrett Jackman and they're not trading for Pietrangelo or E. Johnson, so unless we're trading for Eric Brewer it ain't happening. Since it's Eklund, I imagine it's bullshit.

And yes, I was talking about the little boy.

Unknown said...

there were girls in that picture?

Nick said...

You'd think that LA would have pioneered the concept of ice girls. It's Los Angeles come on.

Anonymous said...

Mind revealing the source for that second pic?

Kirsten said...

I'm really surprised the Kings have held out this long without ice girls to be honest.

Anonymous said...

It's Los Angeles.. they'll probably be wearing bikinis.. which would be a very interesting concept for an ice rink, which is.. how should I put it? Um.. cold.

Anonymous said...

Is dinner with an ice girl included with the ticket?

Anonymous said...

Of course they are going to increase ticket prices!

They figure men have really simple, tiny little brains and will gladly pay even for mediocre hockey if they get a little eyeful of airheaded t-and-a from time to time during the game.

Miss. Scarlett said...

They figure men have really simple, tiny little brains

Well, they might not be wrong about that.

Kidding, kidding (Kind of)!

Connie said...

I was gonna try out to be an Ice Girl, and then I decided that I'd rather just blow my brains out instead.

Anonymous said...

Do you think they'll give them a stupid name like the ice princesses (you know, Kings, princesses)? Or like the Laker Girls, maybe it'll be the Kings Girls. Both sound stupid. Hmm yeah, I'll go ahead and post this as anonymous..