Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Finally, a Chance for Celebration

My Mood:



The Kings won the season series against the Ducks last night thanks to an excellent game by Patrick O’Sullivan. Oddly enough, it seems that both O’Sullivan and Brown play better without Anze Kopitar, probably because they have the puck more and can create a little more out on the ice. Both have had a little trouble adjusting to the NHL (where they can't beat guys on pure skill alone), so hopefully they can use the end of this season to build towards the next. Last night's game, coupled with this report in the L.A. Times that says Kopitar is starting to skate again, makes me feel good about the Kings for the first time in a while. I think I may cry.

Overall, the Kings went 4-2-2 against the Ducks. They gained 10 points in 8 games; in the other 65 games they’ve played so far, the Kings managed only 54 points. And yes, I’m well aware that the Ducks went 4-4 and therefore didn’t exactly “lose” the season series, and my reply is: shut up. This is the kind of thing we Kings fans have to take solace in and I’ll be damned if I’ll let you Ducks fans take this away from us.


In other news, that Jordin Tootoo guy is kind of a dick, isn’t he? Here’s the video:



…and here’s Stars president Jim Lites laying into the Nashville franchise. While we may have our differences here at Battle of California, I think we can all agree on one thing: Nashville sucks. I know why I hate them as a Kings fan, but if any of you have a different story to relate (about how Darcy Hordichuk is a pussy, or why Paul Kariya is lame, or if you’d simply like to denigrate the city of Nashville itself), feel free to share it in the comments.

8 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

And yes, I’m well aware that the Ducks went 4-4 and therefore didn’t exactly “lose” the season series, and my reply is: shut up.

Actually, both teams went 4-2-2 in the season series. That's the magic of overtime for ya.

And now I'll shut up.

Earl Sleek said...

I don't know the exact tie-breaking formula, but I think that the Kings *officially* won the season series by virtue of goals scored in the series (whether you count shootout wins as goals or not).

Of course, that only really comes into play if the Ducks and Kings were tied in the standings, but as you say, celebrate the victories you've got.

That Tootoo punch is really something, isn't it? You gotta wonder, though, as fans it's pretty tough to separate the "act" from the "people involved". A lot of what will be considered when judging this act is (a) who Tootoo is, and (b) who Modano is.

In my book (read: completely subjective), I would rate the "NHL's worst offenses" in this order:

1. Bertuzzi on Moore (the worst)
2. Simon on Hollweg
3. McSorley on Brashear
4. Tootoo on Robidas

with probably hits on Kaberle and Drury afterwards.

Kent W. said...

As a Calgary fan, I can get in on this Nashville hatred real easy...

Anonymous said...

Here is one thing we can all agree on. Judging by the number "writings" rudykelly has on this website, he/she/it must have no life. And is probably a virgin.

Anonymous said...

Tough talk, anonymous.

Doogie2K said...

Actually, I have a bit of a soft spot for Nashville, and not just because they dominate the Flames. Went to a game there in October, and damn if it wasn't the most fun I've had at an NHL game in years.

Anonymous said...

Nashville sucks. They're in Nashville, they wear mustard-colored jerseys, and they play in the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Do we need more reasons?

Anonymous said...

what the hell is rudykelly talking about like everybody is talkin' about nashville and how they suck and he brings up the kings and their schedule and scores