Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ducks Gameday—Canucks putting the “win” back in “twin”

Vancouver Canucks (41-22-5, 4th in west) at Anaheim Ducks (41-17-11, 3rd in west)

Canucks are on a tear, having but one regulation loss in their last 13, an impressive 11-1-1, including 5-1 in OT/SO games. Ducks meanwhile have but one regulation loss in their last 12, with a record of 8-1-3; essentially the same regulation result but only 3-3 in OT/SO.

But really, the only stat that really matters is that I’m putting my perfect 5-0 attendance streak on the line tonight. That's right; I got a last-minute invite to see this one in person. I have no idea where at the Honda Center I’ll sitting, but I’ll be wearing my new St. Patty’s Ducks t-shirt and my friend next to me will be wearing a Canucks jersey.

Oh, and I’ll probably be over-telling my stupid two-liner: “What’s the easiest way to tell Henrik and Daniel Sedin apart?”

“Injure one of ‘em.”

Aw, I kid. Here’s a picture of nature’s freakiest twins with Sammy and some old dude after they won some sort of CD contest at the Olympics.




Prediction: Ducks 4, Canucks 1. Has the Penner-Perry-Getzlaf PPG line ever had as dominant a game as they did against the AHL Oilers? Each of them gets a goal, and Sammy scores a shortie.

5 comments:

Temujin said...

That's right; I got a last-minute invite to see this one in person.

I hate you.

I’ll be wearing my new St. Patty’s Ducks t-shirt...

You suck.

“Injure one of ‘em.”

You are dead to me now.

7-3 Canucks
Henrick (2) Daniel (2), Naslund, Bieksa, Salo

Giguerre (3)

I may have lost the bet, but I've still got my pride! Be sure to take plenty of pictures :-)

Sean Zandberg said...

The Joke IS pretty funny though. Is it bad that I laughed?

Should be a beauty. So I guess we won't be looking for a yellow shirt next to the penalty box, huh Sleek?

4-3 Canucks win in OT. Sleek's attendance record goes for a shit.

Earl Sleek said...

God Dammit!!!!

Aw, don't go blaming Pahlsson--he didn't even fulfill his part of the prediction.

Unless, of course, you are upset at the Canucks not scoring on the power play. Pahlsson took 2 out of every 3 shorthanded shifts, and was his usual stellar self.

Earl Sleek said...

Oh, and as for being at the game, we had pretty decent seats toward the front of the upper bowl. I don't have any pictures or any particularly powerful stories, but I did learn that my digital camera is broken, so that's something.

6-0 when Sleek attends now, outscoring opponents 29-11. Keep it up, Ducks.

Unknown said...

I can't wait until Dustin Penner gets slashed in the frickin teeth!!! *growl*