Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

BoC Gameday—bedtime for the Kings

Anaheim Ducks (37-17-10, 3rd in west) at Los Angeles Kings (21-32-10, 15th in west)


[EDIT: A couple of interesting links this morning--for one, the NHL has announced that this Kings-Ducks matchup will begin next year in jolly ol' England, and secondly, check out Brian Burke's trade deadline "blog", including his prophetic post from Friday, Feb. 9:

Trying to trade is like playing musical chairs. You are always afraid you aren't going to have a chair at the end. You worry if you say 'no' to one deal, you may not get any.]

Prediction: Ducks 5, Kings 2. Selanne, McDonald, Pahlsson, Scotty, and what the hell, Brad May.

6 comments:

Miss. Scarlett said...

That cartoon is adorable except all I think about is that the Shark and the Duck are going to go feast on that poor unsuspecting child.

Sorry, I think I've been watching too much CSI.

VeryProudofYa said...

man, I'm most bummed about hearing we could've had nagy.

I imagine he'd be quite a fit on the first line. Great wheels and a better touch than Kunitz.

Still, I'm not too upset over the lack of deals, and I personally think Bill Guerin's worth is a little overblown.

RudyKelly said...

The Kings play their most exciting game of the year, then don't play again for 5 days. Nice timing. I was thinking that it would be another one-goal game, but without Kopitar the Kings are pretty boned. 4-1 Ducks.

Earl Sleek said...

Yes, I should have mentioned Kopitar's injury.

Really, when facing the Kings, the two best pieces of news you could hear are:

a) "Kopitar's out."
b) "Cloutier's in."

I'll settle for (a) this time.

VeryProudofYa said...

Everyone can breathe a little easier knowing Anze won't be there to turn the corner on pronger and make the goalie turn his head.

With the ducks powerplay starting to churn and the inevitable parade to the box I imagine it'll be high scoring.

7 goals total, 2 fights.

Also, I wonder who starts this game, given the importance of tomorrow's. Do you go with the starter of the year, jigs against the sharks? Or do you ride Bryzgalov's great game earlier and have him go up against them?

Unknown said...

Teehee, I do love the wacky cartoons you do