Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Sleek gets Tubed


PJ's SharksPage has a good recap from this week's Sharks-Ducks matchup, including an NHL-sponsored YouTube, featuring drunken Sleek banging his hat on the glass roughly at the 1:34 mark.

I'm not sure I have too much to add about this game from a personal perspective. I was pretty hammered (to the point where I was constantly surprised by the game score). My friends and I spent our energy pleading with the refs to put Pronger in the box, but they apparently don't take fan input when making their phantom penalty calls.

OK, time to take a nap! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

8 comments:

Temujin said...

Bwahahah! You rule, bud. That image alone is worth the (probable) hat/t-shirt.

Miss. Scarlett said...

Happy American Thanksgiving Sleek. And you're famous!

Unknown said...

oooh, you are a glass banger, eh?

http://jesgolbez.blogspot.com/2005/11/worst-types-of-nhl-fans.html

I would say you qualify! :)

Earl Sleek said...

From Jes' list:

The dorks in the front row who bang on the glass any time the puck is near them.

These guys (usually two or three of them) have front row seats for the one and only time in their lives. They feel the need to be part of the game by banging on the glass like apes when the action gets close. After the third or fourth time, it gets very annoying.


Ouch. In my defense, I'm reaching over from the 2nd row with my above-average wingspan, and I think that time it was more about Perry getting tripped up than the puck being in my vicinity.

Tuesday night, though, I think this applied to me:

The guy who's just getting bombed

Hey, it was the start of a good Thanksgiving break. Intoxication was inevitable.

mike w said...

Dude, did you wear a bright orange shirt at any point last season?

I totally remember some jacknut pounding the glass next to the pnelaty box when I watched NHL Centre Ice. Perhaps it was most noticeable because I didn't think Ducks fans got all of that excited (that's not a dig).

So: was it you, sir?

Earl Sleek said...

Nah, you can see me in a bright orange shirt here (for the season opener this year), but it was an opening-day giveaway.

I'm not really a jump-around kinda guy, but I do like yelling. I do stand out in that regard from the docile Anaheim "crowd".

Plus I only get those seats three times a year, so it was probably some other standout.

PJ Swenson said...

It looks like Sleek forgot about this public service message from the rest of the NHL to Dallas Stars fan:

http://sharkspage.com/2003_12_01_archive_history.html#107229790828956215

Jordi said...

Bwahaha Sleek I fucking love you. That made my 2AM.