Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Ducks Gameday—Phoenix Coyotes

First in the west hosting last in the west in a game probably viewed by nobody.

Key stats: Anaheim is 10-0-3 in its last 13 tilts with the Desert Dogs, and haven't suffered a regulation loss to Phoenix since October 2003. The Coyotes are 30th in win percentage, 26th in offense, 30th in defense, 27th on the power play, and 29th on the penalty kill (Ducks: 2nd, 8th, 3rd, 7th, 7th).

Side story: The Ducks have been to OT in 6 of their 13 games thus far, while Phoenix has yet to see any OT.

So why do a game day post?

‘Cause I’m gonna be there, bitches. But not in any good seats or anything; upper bowl, baby. If I recall, I think I’ll be in section 410, row P. But really, if you see anybody in an old-school Vishnevski jersey in the arena, why not buy ‘em a beer?

The real reason I’m going, however, is that one of my pals is in some ice hockey league, and they get to play a game on Honda ice well after the NHL game is finished. I’ll probably wander to the lower bowl for that one, if you want to stick around and see what a regulation loss looks like in person.

Oh, by the way, I am adding One Fan’s Perspective to the sidebar, an actual Phoenix blogger. Also Casonblog I think is a transplanted ‘Canes fan who also likes to rant about his nearby ‘Yotes.

Prediction: Bryzgalov plays a beauty in a 3-1 win. Pahlsson nets a pair, and Perry roofs one.

Prediction 2: My buddy’s team wins 5-2.

Note: you should probably stay away from my predictions. I've also predicted Phoenix to make the western conference finals this year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also predict Bryz in goal, but I say a 4-2 win for the Ducks

Anonymous said...

The Coyotes are 30th in win percentage, 26th in offense, 30th in defense, 27th on the power play, and 29th on the penalty kill (Ducks: 2nd, 8th, 3rd, 7th, 7th).

Gretzky seems to be failing as a coach.

Rick said...

Gretzky is not getting it done as a coach, I agree. That team should not be last. (It's not a playoff team, either, but it shouldn't be THAT bad.)


However, the Ducks have been playing with fire lately. I think they haven't been taking a hard look at their problems because they've been getting points out of every game. Sometimes, they're coming from behind to do that, and some times they're giving up the lead, but either way, it's been sloppy.

I think they're playing overconfidently, and it's going to cost them in this game.

First regulation loss tonight, then we go on a significant winning streak after players get shocked out of their complacency.

OTOH, if the Coyotes aren't prepared to jump on this potential weakness, they'll lose like 6-0.

Earl Sleek said...

Well, at least nobody's picking on my friend's game prediction.

Bryzgalov, should he play, has a 6-0 record against the dogs, 1.67 GAA and a .933 sv%. He's so Darkwing Duck.

Anonymous said...

Add one more victory to Brzgalov's magical power over the 'Yotes.

Your team played very well - my team had defensive holes wider than the Grand Canyon. :-) (Plus, goal tending issues...ugh...)

Beauchemin's check on Saprykin was very clean - Oleg has to keep his head up.

Thanks for the link!

Earl Sleek said...

Plus my friend's team (which I have since learned are called the Dragons) won their game also in a last-minute-penalty-shot thriller!

Two wins in one night, yee ha!