Philadelphia Flyers (3-12-2, last in league) at Anaheim Ducks (13-1-4, first in west)
Philly comes to town with a league-worst 1-7-0 road record to try their lot at the Ducks' 8-0-3 home record.
This Flyer team has fallen apart in dramatic fashion. Last year the Flyers got 101 points; this year they are on pace for 39.
How best to express the futility?
- In 8 road games, they have been outscored 32-13, and their road power play is 2 of 50.
- They have but 6 players who have scored more than one goal. Conversely, they have 6 players who sport a +/- of -10 or worse.
- Overall, Philadelphia has two players with a “plus” rating, and one of them is Todd Fedoruk.
- One crazy stat about Philly is that through 17 games, they are outshooting their opponents by 60 shots. Problem is, Philly shooters have a collective 6.3% shooting percentage, while their opponents are scoring at a 13.6% clip.
- Philly has allowed 38 even-strength goals, which is remarkably bad considering they have scored only 35 goals in total. Anaheim, meanwhile, has scored 39 even-strength goals, which is remarkably good considering they have allowed only 37 goals in total.
Prediction: Ducks 5, Flyers 1. Pahlsson and Getzlaf each get a goal; Selanne gets a hat trick and knocks Derian Hatcher's teeth out.