Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Meet your blogger 3

Oops. Apparently Mr. Chen has started some sort of mutant blogformed chain-letter where bloggers reveal 5 items of interest about themselves. Alanah at VCOE tagged me, so I’m up. In case you’ve missed them, I did something like this independently before (Parts 1 and 2).

5 new things of interest about Mr. Earl Sleek

  • One thing I have in common with Scott Niedermayer is that we both drive Toyota Prius. However, if Scott is anything like me, it’s not really about saving the world or even saving money so much as having solo access to L.A.’s carpool lanes. I don’t know if you guys have heard much about Southern California traffic, but the Prius and its blessed carpool stickers are my favorite thing in the world.
  • I have two favorite TV shows that are both long-since-cancelled. One is called Mr. Show and the other one features Mr. T. Everything else on television is a notch below.
  • I sing low bass in a 100-voice choir at my folks’ church. It is a pretty impressive choir, actually.
  • I know how to solve a Rubik’s cube, though I’m pretty certain that you have to be taught moves in order to do it. What might be impressive, though, was how I took the principles of the 3x3 cube and taught myself how to solve a 4x4 and 5x5. I can safely do a 3x3 in 3 minutes, a 4x4 in 8 minutes, and a 5x5 in about 12.
  • The first hockey game I ever attended was well before I was a hockey fan, back when I was in high school. I don’t remember being particularly excited to be there then, but as I recall the Kings beat the Ducks and Gretzky had two goals. Though it didn’t mean much to me at the time, it turned out to be the only time I saw the Great One.
OK, OK, now to play tag:

Zanstorm at Waiting for Stanley
Andy Grabia at Battle of Alberta
alana at the new Hot Oil
Michael Menser Dell at LCS Hockey: Born Again (my longshot)
and of course everyone's favorite Swede Ingmar "W" Bergman

Play nice now.

[Update: Zanstorm, Grabia, Bergman, and alana have all been suckered, along with Acid Queen, LoweTide, Jes Golbez, Kukla, BTJ, D Lee, CasonBlog, Wild Puck Banter, Tapeleg, Army of the Ohio, Pleasure Motors, Post-Pessimist, Sports Guy North, and Lubo Vaic, among others (some of these sites I am visiting for the first time; what a nice mixer). Nothing like the offseason to bring out the 'weird' in bloggers.]

5 comments:

Brushback said...

"Mr. Show" was awesome!!! I wish I had the DVDs, but they're always too pricey whenever I find one. Because of that, I can only vaguely remember some of my favorite bits:

-The one about a corner store where the employees swear at the customers all of the time, or something.

-The one where some fat kid at summer camp gets his throat slashed during a relay race, or something.

By the way, I wanted to use Ingmar as my "tagee". Thanks for getting to him first, you jerk.

Earl Sleek said...

The one where some fat kid at summer camp gets his throat slashed during a relay race, or something

That was possibly the best episode of the 4 seasons. It was called "It's perfectly understandishable" (season 4) and that moment was fantastic.

Other great Mr. Show moments:

Musmayostardayonnaise
The Audition
Pre-Taped Call-In Show
The Joke: the Musical

That show should have run for decades. DVDs are highly recommendable.

Tapeleg said...

Damn, I tagged Zanstorm too. I'm not taking it back, though. But I do feel slightly cool.

The Acid Queen said...

The A-Team is possibly one of the best shows ever.

Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

Than's for the tag. Right back at you.

The A-Team was one of my favourite show also, with "Howling Mad" Murdock being my favourite of the cast.

Very very cool that you sing in a choir. If my lifetime trip across America ever comes to fruition I have to come see it.