Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The first three months of BoC

Ah yes, it seems like only yesterday that Mr. Mirtle decided to ‘punk’ the NHL blogworld by creating this site for the outcasts from California. Well, as a matter of fact tomorrow is the three-month anniversary of that fateful day, and like the fabulous “Whaaaassssssup” of TV commercial infamy, this joke refuses to go away.

I want to throw out a special thanks to Mirtle (gawd knows I would never have started this on my own), and of course the rival contributors PJ, Mike Chen, and James O’Brien, who answered the Kings call quite valiantly and hasn’t missed a beat since coming aboard.

And of course, the readers. Writing for an audience beats the hell out of writing to an empty forum; thanks for stopping in and commenting, and correcting me when I’m full of duckshit.

I can’t say I have strong aspirations for this blog (hell, I don’t even really know what to think of the stat counter—I know it’s counting my ‘visits’). Really, BoC is pretty much what I’d hoped it could be, a place to throw some thoughts, criticisms, and silliness about the team and division I follow the most. I think the casual nature of blog entries really suits my casual style (better than being a ‘published writer’, I think), so don’t look for us to get ‘legit’ or ‘financially viable’ or anything.

To the reader: how’s your BoC experience been? Anything that's been bugging you, or that you'd like to see more of?

The suggestion box is now open.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it and read it every day! You guys are hilarious. Keep up the great work!

Kent W. said...

Good stuff Sleek. You guys seem to have everything here: analysis, comedy, silly cartoons, video game reviews...

can't ask for much more. Im looking forward to reading the the BofC during the regular season. Especially considering the impending Thornton/Cheechoo Vs. Pronger/Neids match-up(s).

Anonymous said...

Not only do you guys give me something hockey-related to read during the off-season, you make it better with the (sometimes drunken) analysis and excellent doodles. :D

Sean Zandberg said...

AHa!! So you post drunk too!! Busted!
Seriously though, I've only been following hockey blogs since round 3 of this year's playoffs. I look forward to following the California rivalry as well on BOC. This blog scores big on originality!
Love the video game reviews as well. I'm still thinking about buying a Nintendo and Blades of Steel once again!

Temujin said...

This blog sure beats the hell out of Waiting for Stanley. :-)

Great job. After BoA and BoO, a BoC blog just seemed logical. You guys do it well.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your site very much, so much in fact I won't mention the fact that there has been NO COVERAGE of the Oakland Seals in the first three months.

Perhaps a profile of Stan Gilbertson?

Anonymous said...

Hockey fan here living in Michigan who likes this blog. Some funny stuff here and the cartoons rule! I'm looking forward to reading it during the season.