Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Friday, December 05, 2008

Kings Gameday: Poor Fro

LA Kings (10-11-3) vs. Edmonton Oilers (11-11-2)

7:30 PST, Fox Sports West


To recap: Sean O'Donnell takes a boneheaded penalty and giftwraps a goal for the other team? Right back on the ice. Dustin Brown takes a bad penalty with the team already down a man? Right back on the ice. Alex Frolov misses an assignment and costs the team a goal? Benched for the rest of the game (despite the fact that the team is down a goal and Fro leads the team in goals), swathed in the red jersey of the 4th liner, and forced into a one-on-one meeting with Terry Murray. That's kind of fucked up. That's like suspending the straight-A kid for talking out of turn. I hope he wasn't sad, that would break my heart.

The Kings haven't been scoring recently, with pretty much all the scoring coming from the Stoll-Handzus-Frolov line. Brownitar has been absent from view since Kyle Calder re-joined their line (I think I should have another line naming contest: Used Condom seems appropriate) and the O'Sullivan/Moller combo doesn't quite have enough juice to feast on the underbelly of other teams. Want to hear a crazy, not true theory of mine? The Kings don't want to bring up Ted Purcell because he has a lot of performance bonuses in his contract and the Kings don't want to pay for them. Insane, but possibly true.

The Kings just had a player's only meeting to try to uncover why they can't put the puck in the GD net, so we'll see how that goes tonight. Something needs to happen, though, because the Kings look pretty terrible right now.

***

If one person boos Lubo tonight, I will freak the fuck out. I will find them and kick them square in the ass.

Prediction: Kings win, 3-2. Goals by Frolov (x3). Then he talks out of turn and gets benched.

18 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

Want to hear a crazy, not true theory of mine? The Kings don't want to bring up Ted Purcell because he has a lot of performance bonuses in his contract and the Kings don't want to pay for them. Insane, but possibly true.

Oh, I totally believe it. Stealing a page from the Ducks and Bobby Ryan, I think.

I mean, there's certainly side benefits in player minutes and development, but definitely the cost of bonuses gets factored into that decision-making, especially for a team committed to spending as little as the CBA will allow.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever predict a loss?

Scott Reynolds said...

I think he usually predicts a loss. Enjoy the optimism.

Earl Sleek said...

Do you ever predict a loss?

That's dangerous territory. If we started predicting losses, then people might start taking the predictions seriously.

RudyKelly said...

I predict losses when I'm either really optimistic or really pessimistic. Regular games are wins.

Earl never predicts losses, I don't think.

Earl Sleek said...

Earl never predicts losses, I don't think.

As best I can remember, I think I've predicted two or three Ducks losses in as many years, but it'd be damn hard for me to go find them.

Here's one of them from last February, though, just to prove it can be done. In that case, it was to offset some potentially dangerous karma.

Brad said...

predicted loss

Kevin Y said...

I'm going, and I can guarantee I won't boo Lubo. Not his fault we traded him.

Prediction: Oilers win, 5-1. Fuck my magic Palffy jersey, I'm wearing my autographed Kopitar third!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Rudy/Earl, do either of you still have the picture that Rudy drew of Cory Perry last season? One of my friends can't remeber it and since it was too good to ever be forgotten, can either of you post it next time it's appropriate to make fun of him??

Don't boo Lubo, Kings win 3-2 AND hold on to thier 1 goal lead in the 3rd period!

Earl Sleek said...

Hey Rudy/Earl, do either of you still have the picture that Rudy drew of Cory Perry last season?

The cartoon you're talking about is at the bottom of this post. I had a little trouble finding it, but then I remembered that I was in Indiana when I first saw it, and it was posted within a day of Ilya Bryzgalov becoming a Coyote.

RudyKelly said...

It's here. I searched for "cockfags" and it came right up.

RudyKelly said...

Dammit.

Earl Sleek said...

Hey Rudy/Earl

Next time just ask one of us.

Anonymous said...

Thanx guys!

Kevin Y said...

Not enough can be said about your true artistic talent, Rudy.

And where the hell did "cockfags" come from?

Anonymous said...

If you ever feel like seeking "professional anger-management evaluation", I hear the NHL's got some contacts, Rudy.

(Not a question, not a question... I should be safe)

Earl Sleek said...

Team America

Fuck yeah.

What's up with "GD net"? Scared off by Bettman and his concern for inquisitive children?

Unknown said...

Put it this way: Wilson took a team that is focused more on the skill and Sandy brought the best of them, if only for a short time. Wilson apparently has a penchant for mediocre players good (see: Wayne Primeau), but when the list will grow stronger and more skilled, Wilson could not understand the right combination.

There is much to criticize Wilson. His stubborn refusal to deviate from their "five guys in the formation of" system gave the team an identity of a fast computer, which is well entrenched in office that truly use their natural ability and creativity. On the power play, instead of using movement and skill, Wilson system would only say: "Go to Joe Thornton in the half boards." And then a whole is hitting public players, something that Toronto now get a taste. This type of abrasion only goes so far. link exchange
university admission