Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ducks Gameday—The Three Patos!

Columbus Blue Jackets (11-12-3, t-12th in west) at Anaheim Ducks (14-10-3, t-4th in west)
No, we will not die like dogs! We will fight like lions!


"Three Patos, Anaheim, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco, put on show, stop. The Infamous El Guapo."


In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face.
Sometimes that El Guapo is the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Prediction: Ducks 4, Jackets 2. Goals by Little Neddy Niedermayer, Dusty Pronger, Lucky Day Selanne, and Santa Poco resident Pahlsson. Together they prune the hedges of many small villages. For your El Guapo coverage, go visit Bethany's Hockey Rants.

Go Ducks.

10 comments:

RudyKelly said...

I hope this means Corey Perry is the invisible swordsman.

Earl Sleek said...

Would you say that this team kills a plethora of penalties?

brokeyard said...

No no no Earl, today you were supposed to do a Tora! Tora! Tora! reference.

Julian said...

Would you say that this team kills a plethora of penalties?

I'd say we get a plethora. I'm not so sure about the killing thing.

Unknown said...

Leave it to Earl to make me spit up milk all over my keyboard.

Your $0.34 bill is in the mail.

RudyKelly said...

My favorite joke from that movie is:

-I think it's a mail plane.

-How can you tell?

-Didn't you see its little balls?

It's not the joke itself, but that Steve Martin and Chevy Chase don't get it. Martin pretends to so he doesn't look done, but he has no idea what it's supposed to mean.

Temujin said...

Great, you killed the singing swordsman!

Earl Sleek said...

Damn, I had the score right with a minute left. Oh well.

Andrew Harkins said...

Does this call for another state rape graphic? I think states will start to question whether they should walk alone at night down California Ave.

Earl Sleek said...

Does this call for another state rape graphic?

Heh, I'm not so sure. I mean, sure Columbus got shut down on their west coast swing, but there wasn't anybody on the BJ's end that was calling for a sweep or anything.

I like saving the ol' State Rape for big moments in justified gloating. I may come around, but right now there's nothing Ohioish in the works.