Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Blog shoutouts

  • Is anyone out there reading LCS Hockey? I must admit, I don’t know much about the background or the current situation of the site, but Michael Menser Dell is one of the best and most amusing reads out there. It’s not a blog, per se (you can’t comment), but if it were, I’d put a comment on every post. I love reading through the archives, also.
  • I would be horribly remiss if I didn’t put whatever support I get these days to Alanah at Vancouver Canucks Op Ed, who is crazy enough to work a 24-hour blogathon for children tomorrow. Something like a post every half hour for 24 hours (no pre-written material), wow! Make sure to give her some support tomorrow by visiting and possibly contributing.
  • Zanstorm and Hodge have started up a Waiting for Stanley blog that has a lot of good reads, loosely focused around the not-every-year rivalry of the Canucks and Maple Leafs. They’ve already exceeded my blog-skills, but they had the whole playoffs to work out the kinks.
  • And if you’re ever in the mood for some cap talk or hockey pessimism, see if you can wake up Tom Benjamin from his on-again, off-again blognap. He might be the most valuable voice out there, keeping us hockey-starved chumps from getting caught up in the NHL’s marketing machine.
I’m leaving a bunch of sites out in the cold (for now), but I keep the blogroll on the left pretty updated with my most-read sites; make sure to check the other deserving blogslaves from time to time. And if you’ve got a favorite read (or a site you’re starting to promote), throw it in the comments section. I’m always up for some more wasted time at work.

1 comment:

Sean Zandberg said...

Thanks, Earl. Much appreciated.

The Leaf/Canuck rivalry in BC almost matches the Canadiens/Canucks rivalry. We don't see those teams play eachother much anymore...but when they do, the crowd in GM Place is split in two. ALOT of BC residents are from the east, and back when we were growing up all we saw was Leafs and Canadiens games on CBC, affecting some of our (my) thought patterns! The Canucks games used to be aired maybe once per week on BCTV when we had peasantvision, and of course-radio broadcasts!