Anaheim Ducks (28-5-6, 1st in west) at Carolina Hurricanes (20-15-4, 4th in east)
There’s plenty of storylines for tonight’s game:
- the top team from this regular season vs. the defending Cup champs
- injuries preventing an all-Conn-Smythe goaltender matchup (the Ducks’ Wall-McKee tandem has a combined 2 games of NHL experience)
- The Ducks' first game this year without Francois Beauchemin (lacerated spleen)
- ridiculous travel (Carolina played last night in Buffalo, while Anaheim somehow got Raleigh thrown in between stops in San Jose and St. Paul)
- Rod Brind’Amour night in Raleigh commemorating his 1,000th NHL point
Look out, ‘Canes. It’s payback night.
Prediction: Ducks 4, Hurricanes 2. Goals by Pronger, Kunitz, Pahlsson, and Getzlaf.
p.s. Congrats to BoC all-star Mike Chen for his new work on FoxSports.