Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dumpster Diving

Two rumors to chase down: the Kings want to sign a 40 year-old coming off open heart surgery, and they want to trade for a guy that you'd think just underwent open heart surgery.

Also, Mike Brophy does a good job outlining why Kings' fans shouldn't be jumping off bridges. It's kind of amazing how people bitched and bitched that the Kings have never rebuilt properly and now they're whining because we haven't been good in 2 years. What the fuck did you think rebuilding meant?

Oh, and here's quick little bit on Colten Teubert, Kings' new draft pick and douche bag. I have a feeling this guy is going to get way too much credit over the course of his career. I feel bad but I kind of hope Brown crushes him during training camp.

***

I haven't written much on new coach Terry Murray because what can I say? I don't really know his style of coaching in the "New NHL" and I haven't seen him make a mistake yet. So I'll leave it up to you guys, then: what would you like to see Terry Murray do most with this team? Install a trap? Work on Kopitar's defensive game? Keep lines together for more than 2 minutes at a time? Let me know in the comments.

7 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

Two rumors to chase down: the Kings want to sign a 40 year-old coming off open heart surgery, and they want to trade for a guy that you'd think just underwent open heart surgery.

While undoubtedly either of these guys can be had on the cheap, c'mon Lombardi. Just get Schneider already. All this marginal-defenseman-of-the-week rumor stuff is getting tiresome.

Lombardi's like the guy who drives fifty miles out of his way to buy cheaper gasoline.

Anonymous said...

Why is Teubert a douche bag? He talked about trying to make the team and respecting the logo which is a lot more than we get from most players in the league.

Daniel said...

Maybe the Kings should sign Esa Tikkanen as well.

RudyKelly said...

I don't know, Teubert just rubs me the wrong way. It's like he's trying to develop a Pronger personality but it seems kind of stupid since he's going back to Junior next year. He needs to just stop talking and play.

Earl Sleek said...

So I'll leave it up to you guys, then: what would you like to see Terry Murray do most with this team?

I think I'd like to see them go underground and use their various hockey skills to fight crime in downtown L.A., but I'm sort of a superhero romantic.

Unknown said...

The Kings kinda need a defenseman that thoroughly enjoys fucking other dudes' shit up, do the not? I'd wait until he fights Michael Handzus to label him a douche bag. The thing I like about what Murray said is that he wants to make sure the forwards help the D men on defense. That was the biggest problem with Crawford in my book, we always had odd man rushes because the forwards were late coming back.

Doogie2K said...

I think I'd like to see them go underground and use their various hockey skills to fight crime in downtown L.A., but I'm sort of a superhero romantic.

So that's how you get into the DC Universe Online beta. Dammit.