Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BoC's Cribs

Oh fuck I am excited. I got the keys to my new place in Irvine yesterday, and camped out there last night for a blessedly short commute to work this morning.


This is the cleanest this place will ever be.

Yes that is a flat-screen mounted over the fireplace, seamlessly connected to the cable box and receiver, which in turn are seamlessly connected to the speakers on the front and rear walls. Once I set up a seating arrangement more comfortable than wood flooring, I'll be set!

At any rate, I am doing a "staged" move, regularly running a Prius-load of belongings from my old place Redondo as part of my daily work commute. Once most of the small stuff is down in the new place, I'll get a U-Haul and move some of the bigger pieces. During this two-week-or-so stretch, expect Sleek to be much more a BoC commenter than a poster, unless Schneider gets traded or Selanne gets signed (or Sleek gets excessively bored with moving).

I haven't been an Orange County resident since summer 2001. It's only been one night, but damn it's nice to be back in Ducks territory.

12 comments:

Marie said...

nice TV. I'm on way out of working in Irvine and I can't wait to be working in LA in Kings territory.

Earl Sleek said...

I'm on way out of working in Irvine and I can't wait to be working in LA in Kings territory.

The proper abbreviation for Kansas City is KC, not LA :)

I have nothing against Redondo or greater L.A., really, but once I switched jobs in March, there wasn't any real reason to live 40 miles away from work. Once I'm free of that commute, I should pick up a few extra hours of free time per week; think of what a silly blogger I'll be then!

Sarah said...

Yeah, when the hell is this Schneider trade going to go down. I want to plan out my ticket buying for this year, and I need to know what team he is going to be on. The move should have been made long ago, unless a) they are having trouble moving him (like I suspected), or b) they hate him and his family (and me) and want them to sweat everything out until the last minute.

Oh, and nice place!

Earl Sleek said...

Yeah, when the hell is this Schneider trade going to go down?

Well, Burke cares a lot about my free time, so it will probably now be another two weeks before anything meaningful happens.

The move should have been made long ago, unless a) they are having trouble moving him (like I suspected), or b) they hate him and his family (and me) and want them to sweat everything out until the last minute.

Well, there's not a ton of "buyers" out there, and if the Kings are going to stay patient, I suspect so shall Duck fans. I don't know anyone personally who hates Schneider, but yeah, his family might be despicable.

Oh, and nice place!

Yeah, the challenge might be the little rose garden in the yard that they are hoping won't die under my watch.

Mike in OC said...

Sweet Pad. You have all the essentials setup in the living room.

Welcome back to OC, those rose's are screwed.

brokeyard said...

Is that an apartment or do you own the place?

I was gonna see if you were moving into my complex but I can tell by the wood flooring that it is not.

Earl Sleek said...

Is that an apartment or do you own the place?

I bought it -- it's a single-story townhouse layout.

I was gonna see if you were moving into my complex but I can tell by the wood flooring that it is not.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the wood flooring was custom -- as were quite a few things in the place. Per the inspector, I may be the only person with ceiling fans in the complex also.

It is a complex, though, so maybe we're neighbors? Do you have access to two swimming pools?

Stevens8204 said...

Very awesome new digs Earl...enjoy it man!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you check out the Classic Q near the airport. Plenty of pool tables but more importantly tv's tuned to sports.

Earl Sleek said...

Thanks, once I'm in I'll definitely check it out!

My pool game is mediocre, but I can watch a TV like nobody's business!

brokeyard said...

Do you have access to two swimming pools?

No we're not neighbors, I have access to like 3 pools where I am... but I could tell because mine is an apartment complex. It's along Jamboree... pretty close to where it meets the 405.

Charity said...

ok, house party @ sleek's! :) when's the housewarming? opening night? let me know, i'll be there.

and knowing you, i better bring beer to share. :)

-finny