Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Monday, July 21, 2008

The BoC Collaboration is a Failure

Lauri Tukonen has been traded to the Dallas Stars for Richard Clune. I guess the Stars are just collecting all our failed right wingers.

I can't say I understand this move. Clune isn't even a top 20 prospect in Dallas' crappy system and split time between the ECHL and the AHL at the age of 21, the same as Tukonen. He does get a lot of penalty minutes and could eventually fill the role of a John Zeiler. He also fills a void in our left wing prospect pool, but that's like saying that cancer's a good thing because it gives you a chance to buy a new hat. Actually, it's nothing like that, but you get what I'm saying.

Oh well. I actually like Tukonen and I hope he finds some measure of success in Dallas. He ended up not being worth that 11th overall pick but, like I said earlier, I think he can find success as a third line grinder... which means he'll fit in perfectly in Dallas.

4 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

Well, I think it was destined for failure, with the key point being that Tukonen was Finnish.

Not only is that a severe turn-off for "North America Forever" patriot Brian Burke, but I think it's also a severe turn-on for the Stars (Brett Hull and his wife the GM).

Still, I'm not discouraged. We can still trade Schneider to L.A. for a different bust or a pick.

Ken said...

So Rudy traded behind our backs eh? The Stars really have a hard-on for Finns...

Anonymous said...

Hey, what could Dallas do? After trading Jokinen in the Richards deal and letting Hagman and Miettinen go as UFAs, they only had one Finn! That simply won't cut it in that organization.

It'll be interesting to see if the change of scenery can get something out of Tukonen, he sure seemed promising in the WJC...

Anonymous said...

Dallas' crappy system huh...

Eriksson, Niskanen, Daley, Fistric, Grossman, Lundqvist, Ott, Morrow, Mike Smith (when we had him)..... yeah I guess we had a pretty crappy system to have put these guys in the NHL.

Have fun with Clune, I hope he gets to your minor league team at least.