Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A fishy story about Karma

(Author's note: I can't believe I forgot about this, since this bar was about 15 minutes from my house, but this is true.)


Early on May 9th, a Hermosa Beach bar called Sharkeez
caught fire, causing over $1 million in damages.

As of that morning, the San Jose Sharks had won six straight playoff games. Since the bar ignited, they have lost their last three.

Now I'm no real believer in karma (thus my participation in this joint blog), but this certainly strikes me as odd.

But fear not, San Jose brethren! Sharkeez bar owner Ron Newman promises:

"We plan to rebuild as soon as possible."

No doubt Sharks owner Greg Jamison will respond similarly.

Unless, of course, you plan on winning tonight.

Good luck. Hope it goes seven.

No comments: