Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Change your predictions, Sleek is going to Game One!

For those looking for some good, in-depth post-game analysis on Game One, I’m not going to be very helpful in that regard. You see, I’m going to be in the house tonight, and I always find that a better breakdown comes from watching on TV, where you have the benefit of replays, commentary, and cheaper liquor. For some Edmo-centric game reviews, check out the many Oil bloggers; for a drunken hazy Duck fan’s at-the-game experience, this will be your Game One headquarters.

I normally shy away from game predictions, because quite frankly, there are enough out there. However, GAME ONE PREDICTION: I will be reprimanded twice by my usher and once by a nearby “fan” for being entirely too drunk and boisterous. Ushers 2, Fans 1.

(Author's note: I doubt we will see some lusty booing of the Canadian anthem tonight, but not because we are the class of California. It is because of the frickin' 6 pm start time; traffic alone should prevent a full house until sometime late in the first. Anaheim's true test should come on Sunday, with weekend (weakened?) traffic.)

(Author’s note 2: I will definitely not be sweating this one out, like this guy:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the ushers will manage the hat-trick as you leave, grumbling "Jeez, what the hell is WITH that guy?" Ushers 3, Fans 1.

sacamano said...

Hey Hey! Terrific news. Make sure you return with all of the bawdy stories.

Earl Sleek said...

I think the ushers will manage the hat-trick as you leave, grumbling "Jeez, what the hell is WITH that guy?" Ushers 3, Fans 1.

I guess I wasn't counting empty-netters.

Anonymous said...

Hey, they all count. Just ask Todd Harvey.

Earl Sleek said...

Just ask Todd Harvey.

Ouch. Good one.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say before american fans boo the Canadain Anthem they should count how many Canadians they have on their team and consider how it may affect their performance to have their country's anthem booed. I think the San Jose team was almost half Canadian...Perhaps that's really why they lost.